“It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious. 5 Steps to being more charming
- Share everything – most importantly, share yourself. Be genuine and a bit vulnerable. Smile when you meet someone, and not just with your mouth. Smile with your eyes. The eyes are a powerful communication tool. Be open and approachable. Stand tall and claim space in a room.
- Don’t hit– Make people feel special.Compliment folks on whatever it is they do well. Everybody does something well. Be sincere, and be interested. Ask questions, and really listen to what others have to say. Encourage people to talk about themselves. Look people in the eye, and make physical contact. Touch is a sensory empowerment tool, use it wisely and cautiously.
- Put away your toys – Give folks your full attention. Let people know you really are glad to see them, and you are listening to them. No phones, no tweets, no electronic devices of any kind.
- Wash your hands – Dress the part of charming. Be meticulous in your grooming and personal hygiene. Pay special attention to your clothing. Be remembered for who you are, not what you wear.
- Flush – Clean up your own messes and eliminate any negativity. A positive attitude is always charming. As my grandmother used to say, “You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar”.
Keep these suggestions in mind, and remember, you can develop a magnetic personality that makes people respond to you in positive ways.
Please share on Social Media if you found this post helpful. If you have a comment or question, please post and add your voice to the conversation.
Source: Rhett Power
Co-founder, Wild Creations